Combining the dynamic powers of martial prowess and arcane might augmented by their special power to curse their enemies, hexblades present a deadly challenge to opponents unused to such foes. They adventure for personal gain, whether that is power, prestige, wealth, or all the above. A hexblade casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer, and can cast in limited armor. A hexblade can also curse his enemies to weaken them in combat. A hexblade can eventually call a familiar, a magical creature, small or large, that serves her.
You can find more information on the roleplay aspects of this class on our forums by clicking here.
WARNING: To cast a spell, a hexblade must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell's level. For example, to cast a 4th-level spell, a hexblade must have a Charisma of 14.
- Alignment Restrictions: Any non-good.
- Base Attack Bonus: +1 / Level.
- Hit Die: d10.
- Primary Saving Throw: Fortitude.
- Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor. Hexblades are proficient with shields.
- Skill Points (*4 at 1st level): 2 + Int Modifier.
- Spellcasting: Hexblade Spells. Arcane (Charisma-based, no spell preparation, spell failure from heavy armor, and large and tower shields is a factor).
- Ex-Hexblades: A hexblade that becomes good-aligned loses all hexblade spells and abilities and cannot gain levels in this class until their alignment is neutral or evil again.
Class Skills: Antagonize, Concentration, Discipline, Heal, Influence, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft.
Unavailable Skills: Animal Empathy, Use Magic Device.
Class Feat Progression:
1: Hexblade's Curse (1x/day + Cha) - Target takes a -2 penalty on attacks, saves, armor class, skills, and damage rolls.
2: Arcane Resistance - Add Charisma modifier to saving throws versus spells and spell-like effects.
3: Mettle - No partial effects when successfully saving against Fortitude and Will saving throws.
4: Summon Familiar - Summon a magical creature as an ally.
5: Hexblade's Curse (2x/day + Cha)
7: Greater Hexblade's Curse - Penalty from hexblade's curse increases to -4.
9: Hexblade's Curse (3x/day + Cha)
12: Aura of Unluck (1x/day) - 50% miss chance to melee or ranged attack against the hexblade.
13: Hexblade's Curse (4x/day + Cha)
16: Aura of Unluck (2x/day)
17: Hexblade's Curse (5x/day + Cha)
19: Dire Hexblade's Curse - Penalty from hexblade's curse increases to -6.
20: Aura of Unluck (3x/day)
Hexblades receive bonus feats at level 5, 10, 15 and 20.