Paladins take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart of the paladin, a personal test - an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to do good in the world. Divine power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting them from disease, healing them and their allies, and guarding against fear. Divine power also guides their sword arms, making them among the most effective warriors against undead and evil outsiders. Many of the paladin's special abilities also benefit from a high Charisma score.
WARNING: To cast a spell, a paladin must have a Wisdom score of 10 + the spell's level. For example, to cast a 4th-level spell, a paladin must have a Wisdom of 14.
- Alignment Restrictions: Lawful good only.
- Base Attack Bonus: +1 / Level.
- Hit Die: d10.
- Primary Saving Throw: Fortitude.
- Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, all armor, and shields.
- Skill Points (*4 at 1st level): 2 + Int Modifier.
- Spellcasting: Paladin Spells. Divine (Wisdom based, armor-related chance of spell failure is ignored).
- Ex-Paladins: A paladin that is no longer lawful good loses all paladin spells and abilities and cannot gain levels until their alignment is lawful good again.
Class Skills: Antagonize, Concentration, Discipline, Heal, Influence, Lore, Parry.
Unavailable Skills: Animal Empathy, Use Magic Device.
== Bonus Feat Progression: ==
1: Divine Grace - Add Charisma modifier to all saving throws.
Divine Health - Immune to disease.
Lay on Hands - Can heal damage equal to class level multiplied by Charisma modifier.
2: Aura of Courage - Immune to magical fear. At will, grant nearby allies a bonus on saving throws vs. fear.
Courage - +4 bonus on saving throws vs. fear.
Detect Evil - Detect chaotic auras.
Smite Evil - A special attack that grants bonus attack and damage against evil creatures.
3: Remove Disease - Cure disease and ability loss once per day.
Turn Undead - Cause undead to flee in terror.
Paladins may also fall leading to special circumstances and less stringent requirements down the path of evil.
See Fallen Paladins for more information.
Being able to cast 0 spells of a certain level per day means the Paladin cannot cast spells of that level unless bonus spells of the appropriate level are granted from their base wisdom modifier (this does not include bonuses to wisdom from spells).