Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells; everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar: a small, magical, creature that serves her.
WARNING: To cast a spell, a wizard must have a Intelligence score of 10 + the spell's level. For example, to cast a 9th-level spell, a wizard must have a Intelligence of 19.
- Base Attack Bonus: +1 / 2 Levels.
- Hit Die: d4.
- Primary Saving Throw: Will.
- Proficiencies: Proficient with wizard weapons. Wizards are not proficient with armor or shields.
- Skill Points (*4 at 1st level): 2 + Int Modifier.
- Spellcasting: Wizard/Sorcerer Spells (Intelligence-based, spell preparation is required, spell failure from armor is a factor); wizards begin the game knowing all cantrips and four 1st-level spells.
Bonus Feat Progression:
Summon Familiar - Summon a magical creature as an ally.